Saturday 22 October 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 56

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Chapter 2 — Hero Part 6



Regular Chapter



— — —



The place where Marina fell was beside a large cave. The cave was apparently caused by a displacement of the earth's strata and was shaped as if the earth had risen up.


I immediately found Marina. She was lying on her back on a quarry-like rock in front of the cave's entrance.


Seeing so, I raised my eyebrows.


Her condition was unnatural. It was impossible for her not to have suffered even a single injury after falling onto such a hard surface. I assumed the surrounding trees would act as a cushion, but there was nothing but open space directly above the rock.


Did she deal with it with magic on the spur of the moment? No, Marina, a mere commoner, could not possibly handle magic. In addition, in the game, she had little talent for magic. Even if she could use magic, it would be impossible for her to handle a 400-meter fall.


So, how did she come out of it unscathed?


...I couldn't think of an answer. However, it was clear that some factors were present. I believe the strange sensation I've been experiencing is proof of this.


In conjunction with the detection technique, I also cast [Prediction] and prepare for an emergency situation. At this point, I couldn't detect hostility, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it would be the same when I approach Marina.


With a small sigh, I walked towards Marina.


Contrary to my misgivings, I arrived at her side without any problems. Because of it, I was a little disappointed.




“Hm?”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




I sense a slight buzz of Mana. I looked and saw that my Mana was flowing to Marina.


It was a very small amount, less than one percent, but it was true that it was flowing out without me casting [Mana Transfer]. This was a phenomenon that normally does not occur.


I examine Marina's condition closely. I radiated Mana toward her and performed what is called an MRI. It wasn't quite as thorough as Light Magic's [Medical Examination], but it should suffice.


The result was she doesn’t have any external injury at all. However, her Mana was depleted to the limit and her life force also showed a tendency that was slightly reduced. I assumed that the ongoing phenomenon of Mana outflow was caused by extreme Mana depletion.


Does that mean she used magic, after all?


I reconsidered the reason why she was unharmed, but I immediately dismissed it.


With the current situation, I denied the possibility that she used magic. After all, Marina's Mana capacity was very low that she couldn’t cast magic that could reduce the impact of her fall. Even if she used up all of her life force, let alone her Mana.


There was no connection between her being unharmed and her depleted Mana. Marina's condition remained only a mystery.


However, there was one thing that was known for sure. That was, the current situation was unfolding just as it did in the game.


Marina in the game spends the week after this event in a coma. It was only natural. Sleeping was the most effective way for Mana to recover, so it was only natural that she would continue to do so.




“Now then, should I bring her back?”




I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it, but I don't really want to know. It remained a mystery in the game, but Marina, of course, was not adversely affected by her surroundings. If there was no harm to Caron and the others, it was fine to leave it alone.


I switch my thoughts and reach out my arm to grab Marina.


However, I wasn’t able to touch her.


And that the reason was—




“Whoa–!”




—A stone wall suddenly loomed between me and Marina.


Seeing so, I quickly took a back step to get a distance from the stone wall. Then, I started to watch my surroundings.


The magic just now was similar to the intermediate Earth Magic [Stone Wall]—but I sensed something slightly different. I was not able to observe the stone wall close enough to stay alert, but I could tell instinctively that something was wrong.


Someone or something dealing with unknown magic was nearby. Should I assume that this person was protecting Marina, and perhaps it was that “Someone” who prevented the impact of her fall?


The mystery of Marina's depleted Mana and the reason why they were protecting her were not clear, but I believe I have a rough idea of what was going on.


Since they took hostile action from there, it would be a bad move for me to respond in the same way. I’m trying to rescue Marina, but that “Someone” who attacked me doesn't know that. Given the scene of the mysterious adult male approaching the girl, it was understandable that they were concerned.


Immediately, a dozen or so stone pebbles similar to [Stone Ball] came flying at me, so I jumped to the side and avoided them. Following that, stone balls were fired at me repeatedly.


I don't know who they were, but they were quite skilled in Earth Magic. They were able to fire two digits of [Stone Ball] at a time, and they were a master at controlling them. Above all, they fire magic from a different location than where they were hiding so I don’t know where they were. Such a feat wasn’t possible unless one was a court magician.


A Magician of the same caliber as a court magician protecting a village girl? The mysterious situation continued to grow.


The barrage of stone balls never seemed to cease, so I searched for signs of Mana while trying to evade. No matter how many times they disguised their firing point, they couldn’t disguise the Mana emanating from a magician.


I quickly found the Magician's location. They appear to have been hiding in a cave deep inside where Marina was.


But something was strange. I'd heard some strange things in the past, but this was even stranger.


The Mana was permeating through their whole body, so I could roughly grasp the shape of the target, but the mysterious magician was very small. No, I'm not talking about petite. they were only about the size of the palm of my hand, about 10 centimeters tall.




“This wasn’t the time to be worried about that.”




There was no way I could come up with an answer to the question as it was. Even if I was curious about it, it will not stop them from attacking me. If that was the case, then I shouldn’t dwell on it and charge forward.


I leaped into the cave with determination. With the benefit of [Body Strengthening], I ran through the cave faster than my opponent could cast their magic.


The magician was hiding behind a rock just after entering the cave.




“Nah!?”




When I discovered the magician's true identity, I was completely taken aback.


She was a small person about ten centimeters in length, as the detection information indicated. She had short brown hair and brown eyes, and despite the fact that she was the size of a small child, she had a very well-developed face. She was a lovely young lady with a boyish appearance.


However, I was not surprised by the information so far. I knew in advance that she was small, and her appearance was not a factor that made me exclaim.


So, what was it that surprised me? That was because this beautiful girl was a body of Mana without substance.




“A Spirit…?”



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Sponsored Chapter 0/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






3 comments: