Friday 14 October 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 55

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Chapter 2 — Hero Part 5



Bonus



— — —




The mountain was a more dangerous place than I had expected. There were more demonic beasts than I had heard beforehand.


The Flockbear (medium size) had the most fighting power, but its overall strength was moderate. However, if rank C adventurers attacked together, they could deal with it. However, this was from a combatant's point of view, that thing was enough threat for the villagers. It was also understandable that the hunters, who were accustomed to the mountains, were mortally wounded.


The fact that the village had not been destroyed suggests that the mountain had not previously been overrun by demonic beasts.


So why had the number of demonic beasts increased? Such a thought occurred to me while I was moving, but I quickly shook my head.


I didn't have time to think about such things right now. I needed to find Yudai and the others right away.


Incidentally, I am now in my adventurer form, Six. It would be too unnatural for me to remain as Zechs, and I knew that Yudai wouldn’t listen to me. It was also an insurance policy just in case.


Kicking away the demonic beasts, I proceeded through the mountains.


I should say, fortunately. Yudai and the others' footprints were easy to follow because they were climbing the mountain on the usual path. I'm sure other demonic beasts have discovered their location, but that's where I have to put my faith in Yudai's (The Hero) abilities. In the worst-case scenario, if they aren't already dead, Caron could simply heal them.


After less than an hour of running through the mountains, I finally saw some signs of Yudai and the others. They seemed to be in the midst of a battle because I could hear the cries of the demonic beasts and feel the waves of Mana from their magic.


They must have gone very deep into the forest.


How could children come alone in the midst of all these demonic beasts wandering around? I was half impressed and half dismayed.


I concentrated my Mana into my legs and stepped out at once.


With leg strength more than ten times stronger than average, my vision changes in an instant. From the forest, I arrived at an open cliff.


I could see Yudai and Roth. They were surrounded by ten flock bears, and although Yudai was fighting back with magic, he was being driven to the edge of the cliff due to his lack of manpower.


Roth was calling out to the bottom of the cliff, so Marina must have already fallen down there.


It seemed that they were quite close to the edge. Normally, the Yudai should have been able to get through the demonic with just his strength, but looking at the situation, it seems that the situation was also developing differently from the game.


What heck’s going on? There have been so many mysterious things happening since I came to this village, but I'll worry about them later. Right now, my first priority was to rescue them.


I took out my dagger and ran past the Flockbears.


In a moment, I reached Yudai and the others, and by the time I put the dagger back in the cover texture, all the Flockbears were lying on the ground.


Well, this was how it goes. Villagers and children might have a hard time, but for me, an adventurer, it wasn’t a big deal.




“...He…?”



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




It happened so fast that Yudai, who should have witnessed the whole thing, was stunned. His mouth popped open as he kept his hands raised to shoot magic.


Roth, too, turned around when he noticed that the sounds of battle had ceased, but he was completely rigid when he saw the appearance of an unidentified man, which is me, and the total destruction of the demonic beasts.


I can't just leave them there forever, so I call out to them.




“Are you two all right?”

“Eh? Ah. yes…”

“W-We’re fine…”



They managed to get a few words back, but they were still in a daze.


I had no choice but to ask them a series of questions as if to lead them away.




“I’m Six, an adventurer. What are your names?”

“I’m Yudai….”

“I’m Roth…”

“You look like kids, where’s your guardian?”

“I-It’s just us…”

“T-The three of us came here to play. But then, there were a lot of demonic beasts…”




Finally, they began to get their head around the situation.


I focused on Roth and proceeded with the conversation.




“Three? There are only two of you here.”

“T-That’s right! Marina fell down a cliff. P-Please, save her!”

“P-Please!”




Roth and Yudai bowed down on their knees.


Things worked out better than I had expected. I had intended to help them from the beginning, but it was more natural for me as an adventurer to be asked to help them than for me to help them.


I intentionally acted like I was worried and gave an atmosphere like it can't be helped while answering.




“I guess it's bad dreaming when you abandon your children. That's all right. I'll lend you a hand this one time, free of charge. But there will be no second chances.”

“”T-Thank you very much!!””



The two thanked each other in unison.


But I just waved them off lightly and looked down the cliff.




“Ge–”




I unintentionally let out a voice. The cliff was deeper than I had imagined.


The current location was a little above halfway up the mountain, but the cliff was a straight line down to the base of the mountain. It was more than 400 meters high. Even though there was a dense forest below, the difference in height was such that if you fell, you would not be able to get away with it scotch free.


In the game, it says that she was safe…But, is she really alive?


I was skeptical, but I didn't tell Yudai and the others about it. There was no need to stir up unnecessary anxiety.


However, it was going to be difficult to rescue her quickly. Searching for Marina and heading down the cliff would be easier with detection techniques and [Body Strengthening], but it would still take some time. It was dangerous to leave Yudai and Roth unattended during that time. After all, the demonic beasts are still roaming around. I could not leave a helpless child and a Hero who had run out of Mana.


But I also didn't want to spend time taking them back to the foot of the mountain. The same reason why I couldn't leave them behind, Marina would be in more danger this time.


I scratched my head once. Immediately after that, I turn my palm toward Yudai and the others and invoke a single magic spell.




“[Sleep]”

“”Ah—””




The two collapsed on the spot, leaving no room to question our actions.


I catch them before they fall to the ground and hold each of them by the side. The benefit of the [Body Strengthening] does not cause any problems with muscular strength or physique.


Under the influence of the Mind Magic I had just used, Yudai and Roth had fallen asleep peacefully.


[Sleep] was magic as the name implies, and it puts the subject to sleep. Most of the time, I could make them faint with [Intimidate], but I had prepared for a case like this. I guess It's true that if you're prepared, you won't have to worry.


The reason why I put both of them to sleep was that I didn't want to show them the magic I was about to cast. Most of the magic I have was insane to the people of this world, but the one I plan to use this time was one of the best in the world.




“[Gate]”




A hole appeared at the end of my hand. Beyond the hole, I could see the scenery of the entrance of the village at the foot of the mountain. If I release the two of them here, I could head out to rescue Marina without any worries.


This was one of my secret plans, a way to bring Caron back the next morning. It was the so-called, “Transfer Magic.”


The logic was simple. I paid attention to the characteristic of the Non-attribute magic [Cover Texture] that “the covered object can be taken out from anywhere” and changed the idea to “if I open different entrances and exits at the same time, it will be equivalent to teleportation.”


The range of effect was the distance my Mana can reach or the point where I mark with Mana. The former ranged about 150 kilometers.


Well, it was easier said than done. [Gate] was a magic spell that was perfected with the help of my teacher(Akatsuki) and after tens of thousands of trials and errors, and it was not magic that could be manifested so easily. It was impossible to imagine teleportation, even if I mobilize the knowledge of my previous life, and it was probably an inevitable result.


There was no Transfer Magic in this world. No, to be precise, it was not recognized. It was too risky to let others know about [Gate]. Therefore, I put them to sleep.


If it was their personalities that I know in the game, I think they'll stay silent even if I show it to them. However, this secret was too big to trust them unconditionally. Considering the possibility that someone might force them to talk, it was still best not to let them witness it, with the intention of protecting them.


After dropping Yudai and Roth on the other side, I immediately closed[Gate]. As far as the detection technique was concerned, there were no witnesses.


With relief, I took out a magical tool from my pocket.


At first glance, it looks like a pocket watch, but it is a magical tool with advanced wind magic [Far Talk]. It functioned similarly to a walkie-talkie, allowing for long-distance communication with its counterpart. Although it was not widely used, every aristocratic family had one.


I turned on the magic tool and spoke,




“This is Six. It’s an emergency call.”

[—*Gigigigi*—How may I assist you?]




I heard Shion’s voice. The reason for the slight noisy mix may be that the other party was indoors. [Far Talk] has the disadvantage that it was difficult to communicate indoors.


Since time is of the essence, I continue without caring.




“I took custody of children who were trespassing in the mountains. I left them at the entrance to the village. I will rescue the remaining one who fell down the cliff.”

[—I understand. Please be careful.]




She seemed to understand that I was in a hurry, and she responded to my request without throwing any particular questions. As expected, Shion’s clever.


I then put my magic tool back in my pocket and jumped down the cliff.


I already knew where Marina was. However, there was a strange Mana reaction in her vicinity. I don't sense any danger, but I'm going to hurry just in case.

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






5 comments: