Wednesday 16 November 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 60

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Chapter 3 — Magic Teacher Part 2




Tired: I’m sorry for not updating for a while everyone ‘cause I’m swamped in real life(college and I'm also physically and mentally tired) and my phone broke so I can’t translate while I'm at our university…anyways enjoy the chapters!




— — —



Time flew and the two days of preparation were quickly consumed, and finally, the day of the meeting with the court magician arrived.


I already got the Count(My Father). I brought him in this morning before the sun had even risen, using the [Gate]. Since I did it while he was asleep, he didn't know about that magic.


Also, as expected, I was able to cover it up with a lie about the carriage. he was the height of incompetence, but that kind of easy-to-handle thing was good and easy.


Then now. I am alone with the Count. He wanted to talk to his son for the first time in a while. I wanted to meet him before the meeting with the court magician, so it was a good proposal.


Incidentally, he also wanted to have a conversation with Caron, but Caron herself refused it, so that was postponed. It seems that she does not have good feelings toward her own parents. Well, I think it was only natural.


She doesn't want to offend the Count now, so she makes excuses for not being able to accommodate her schedule. Whether or not a dialogue between the two of them will depend on future developments.


The place was the Count's private room. The room was decorated in the same uncluttered manner as ever, with many elaborate ornaments and items that are probably the product of his hobby—a fishing rod, a chess board, a cello-like instrument, and so on.


Although the owner has been away for several years, the place has not lost its cleanliness. The servants seem to have kept up with the cleaning. I would like to commend them for their work.


Now, I should stop escaping from reality and turn my attention to the Count (My Father) at hand.


A well-dressed middle-aged man who seems to be enjoying all the luxuries of this world was my father, Count Dramagal Vancesed San Foranada. He was in his mid-thirties, his shrimp-colored hair has almost completely fallen out, and sweat was beading on his forehead despite the moderate temperature.


By the looks of him, he must be drinking and eating wildly every day even at the estate. It was obvious at first glance that his attitude toward life had not changed in any way from the days when he spent time in the castle.


Then Count drinks a cup of tea with a mountain of sugar cubes in an instant and calls out to me saying,




“It’s been a while, my son. I am glad to see that you are growing up well.”




At first glance, the Count offers a good-natured smile. Combined with his plump figure, he seems to have a mild-mannered personality.


But make no mistake. He was never furious, but he was never “good-natured” either.


I could see in his eyes that the Count wasn’t interested in me in the slightest, even though he was talking to me. What he was thinking is that he was doing a great job playing the role of a father who was moved by his son's growth.


Yes, Dramagal was a narcissist. He truly loves only himself and his wife. The compassion and love he shows to others was merely a pose to make himself look good, and he does it without regard to the interests of the Count's estate in order to show off himself. He was the kind of person that is unbecoming of an aristocrat.


Well, I was able to do as I pleased because of his lack of interest in others, and he was unaware that I had seized real power in the Count's domain. Though, I have a few complaints about that.


However, he was still unfit to be a lord and father, and I couldn't help but think, “If only he had been a little more power, Caron’s fate of death wouldn’t exist in the first place.”


The fact that it had been a while since we had seen each other made it all seem as if I were about to spill out a litany of complaints. I tried my best to hold it back and replied to the Count.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




“It has been a long time, father. Thanks to you, Caron and I are in good health.”

“Caron…Oh, Caroline. It's a shame we can't talk to her. I believe she manifested light magic? I would have loved to have a chat with my brilliant daughter.”

“Caron’s a person of the hour now. This time, her schedule didn't allow for it.”

“Umu, she’s helping in the church, isn’t she? If that's the case, it can't be helped then.”




I responded with a mask of a smile, inwardly thinking, “She’s your daughter, so at least remember her nickname!” A little bit of the killing intent leaked out while I was thinking so, but the insensitive Count didn't notice it. Safe.


I continued to chat with the nerve-wracking Count, and after thirty minutes, I finally got down to business.




“Father. I'm here to discuss the matter that brought you all the way here.”

“I understand. It's a meeting with the magic teacher, isn't it? I heard that a Court Magician came.”

“Yes. Because of Caron’s fame, which has increased more than we had imagined, ordinary teachers were not willing to accept the job. We were in a terrible bind, and then the Royal Court approached us.”

“I see. I am happy to see my daughter's growth, but I am also glad to see that such trouble has come my way. We should be grateful to the royal court.”

“...We should so.”




“As if we should be grateful for it!” I thought so, but I didn’t let show on my face.


I am impressed that Foranada has not been crushed by this kind of situation.


No, it was just that my subordinates were excellent. I really can't thank them enough. I'm really grateful to them for keeping the Count's territory intact until I took over.



“Even though it's called a meeting, the other party's identity is guaranteed. It is expected that the meeting will end with some small talk.”




Normally, we would have to assess their personalities, but since they were recommended by the royal court, there was no need to screen them in that area. In fact, it would be impolite to do so. It would be a sign of doubt in the eyes of the royal court. If it weren't for these troublesome ties, I would have thrown them out without hesitation.


The Count, who heard the arrangements better than I did, nodded his head in an exultant manner.




“I see. It's easy not to have to think about it so hard.”

“...I'm glad to hear that. The meeting time is scheduled to be after lunch. Both Caron and Orca will take time out of their busy schedules to be there.”

“Will Caroline be in attendance? Can you give me some time?”

“It's difficult. She has church work this afternoon.”

“That’s unfortunate.”




Suppressing her cheeks which were about to twitch, I told him the necessary information in a straightforward manner.


I mean, I wonder how much the Count wants to talk to Caron. I'm sure it was for some trivial reason like he wants to be friends with her now that she had gained fame, anyway.


Incidentally, it was also to be expected that he didn't react as if to Orca's name. Unlike in the game, the Count was not involved in Orca's adoption, so he was not interested in him.




“It's time, isn't it? I have some preparations to make for the meeting, so I'd better be going.”

“It's about time. I feel a little inadequate, but I would be remiss if I were rude to the court magician. You may leave.”

“Yes, excuse me.”



I bowed condescendingly and walked out of the Count's private room.

Shion was waiting outside the room and followed me silently down the corridor.


We walk for a while, and then I let out a big sigh.


Shion saw this and gave me a few words to encourage me.




“Thank you for your hard work, Zechs-sama.”

“I'm really tired. Talking to that man always gave me a stomach ache.”



I can't tell you how many times I almost forgot my position and clicked my tongue. The Count (My Father) was just too far-fetched.


I sigh again and hand over to Shion the bundle of papers that I had been holding in my hand during our entire conversation.




“I don't need it anymore, so please get rid of it.”

“What is this?”

“The profile of the Court Magician who will be meeting with us today.”

“What?”




Shion froze at my answer.


I totally understand that reaction because I felt the same way.


Even though we wouldn’t screen them in person, that does not mean that we wouldn’t investigate their background history. Although it was necessary to be careful not to be noticed by the royal court, we were able to investigate at least the brief history of the Court Magician.


What I just gave to Shion was a copy, which I was actually supposed to hand over to the Count. I thought that even he would ask for information about the person he was meeting with, so I prepared it.


However, the result was that he was completely unaware of it. I was so surprised at the ridiculousness of the situation that I completely missed the opportunity to give it to him.




“He was so incompetent that he exceeded all my expectations. We’re going to have to be very careful about the meeting.”

“...I will share the information with others.”

“Please do so. Then, I'm going to go back to my room.”




With a wry smile, Shion replied with a straight face. She then left to share information.


Since the count standing on our side is the biggest concern this time, we have to work closely together. I want to avoid easy promises and hasty statements.


I resume walking and I hope on the way that the meeting with the Court Magician will go off without a hitch









I'm going to remove the sponsored chapter because I can't guarantee I'll be able to do it because, as I previously stated, I'm really busy in real life, but I'm hoping you guys will support me on my new goal (a new cheap phone) so I can have time to translate while I'm at university. Again, I apologize for the lack of updates, and thank you all for reading this series!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






4 comments:

  1. Oh I guess at the drop. thanks for the chapter. I once tried to read raw out of curiosity... but I wasn't comfortable with it, so thanks for continuing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole turnover of power to MC was accomplished in 1 paragraph originally, leaving only questions. Now that we are getting more tidbits, like the count not even understanding that he lost power, it's just opening up more questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mc complains for every little thing..... actually is much better this way since he can do his moves much better

    ReplyDelete