Wednesday 9 November 2022

Vorpal Bunny and Fortress Uncle ; chapter 18

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next

Inside the room, the facilities necessary for a series of production activities, such as the furnace, anvil, working bench, and kitchen, were briefly packed.

 Even tho, it was still spacious enough for three people to enter, no matter how I thought about it, it was not a size that could fit in this building.


 Like the store, the opposite side of the door is probably a different space here.
 
“Ledge, can I have you take it out quickly?”


"Oh... Please do wait for a minute."
 
 Go to the working bench in the center of the room and take out the Forest Wolf material from the inventory.



 If you look at their names, they're all bare things like fur, fangs, bones, and meat, but they don't feel that malformed.
 
"Huh, that's a lot."
 
 Neva says, looking at the table full of materials.
 
"With this much, can you make equipment for me and Letty?"


"Yes, yes. More than enough."
 
 Neva taps herself to tell her to leave it to her, and her expression fills with inspiration.


 I look at the items in my inventory and remember one thing.
 
"Yes. Can I use this too?"


"What is it? I have never seen this kind of item before"
 
 I took out a fang about a size larger than a normal one. It was a reward that was claimed as a bonus from the Demolition skill, and its name was “Great Fang of the Forest Wolf”.
 
"Probably a rare drop. I have about four of them."
"That's wonderful. I really want you to use it!"
 
 Neva got even more excited as she put the large fang on the table.
 
"I'll get to work soon, sit down there."


"Oh. Wonderful meeting you."


"Thank you alot."



 While taking out the sewing materials, Neva points to the chairs lined up along the wall.


 After confirming that Neva had entered the party, Letty and I crouched down as much as possible so as not to disturb her.
 
"Crafting armor is not a Blacksmiths skill."


"It's not like I'm using a metal like material."
 
 Neva responds with a sarcastical smile to my stupid words.
 
“The Fang series is basically made with the ‘Wood working’ skill. I also used the “Blacksmithing” skill when making parts.”
 
 It's true if you ask me to check it.


 The fang spear I'm using only uses metal for the parts between the tip of the fang and the handle.



“Since it’s armor this time, I guess the “Sewing” skill will be the foremost focus.”



 She holds the needle in her hand as she pulls the fur away from the table.
 Using some skill, she skillfully began to sew the fur.
 
"You're very skillful. I respect you."
 
Letty lets out a voice of admiration.

 Indeed, the technique is bewildering.


 Neva hardly concentrates as she has no response to our compliments. SUbmerge yourself in the work and process the material in the blink of an eye.



"Okay, something like this."
 
 Suddenly Neva releases her tension and shows the finished product.


 It was a coat made from the raw fur of a wolf. Placed with tusks and reformed with the chipped bone.



"Fang Series. Its name is Fang Tunic."


"The name is pretty bold, isn't it?"


“It can’t be helped because it was decided from the beginning.”
 
 "It's not in my liking," Neva frowns.
 
"This is a prototype, so the next one is the final thing."



 Then she resumes her work.


 Next up, we check the quality of the material and proceed with the sewing of the used material. 


 Once the tunic is ready, the next step is pants, boots, and a head guard. 

To say at least, five parts such as shoulder guards, belts, rings, necklaces, and earrings were prepared.
 
"Well, it's quite satisfying, the Fang series."


"Thank you for your hard work. I can help you."
 
 Neva is surprised in awe after using almost all of the materials that Letty and I have gathered. Her needed skill value was high, she seemed to have mastered her skill, and she had a satisfied expression even in her tired state.
 As I care for Neva, I hear a soft, weak voice behind me.
 
"Oh, uh... Mr. Ledge..."
"Yeah? Oh, it matches you, right?"



 When I turned to look behind me, Letty was standing there wearing a newly made Fang Series set.


 The top and bottom are made of grey fur, the sleeves and hem are cut off to show the white extremities. A necklace made of fangs on the chest, rings carved out of bones, and small earrings at the base of the rabbit ears.


 It's a mix of strong and fluffy cuteness.
 
"Um. Why is the exposure so intense..."
 
 Her knees pressed together and her arms held in front of her chest, Letty lowered her ears.


 Neva puts her hand to her cheek and smiles as she sees her completely pale.
 
"You should tell the management about the design. You'll get used to it in quite some time."


"Uh.. it's embarrassing... Why is Mr. Ledge's design different?"
 
 Letty stared at her with wet red eyes.


 I moved my shoulders and looked down at the fang series I was wearing.
 
"Even if you say so, how can you expose a bastard?"


"It is common to have different designs for men and women."
 
 The fang series I wear has a rugged design, not like the more chemo-oriented for women's.


 The only beauty is that the head guard is a wolf's head, with sharp ear decorations.
 
"It's unfair. It's male and female!"


"Whatever, I can't wear Letty's equipment."
 
 Letty bit her lip in frustration, maybe she got used to it. She seems to have reminisced  that she wore clothes just like this past summertime.



 While I was putting the second hand used materials in my inventory while Neva was constantly complimenting me, and before I knew it, she was wearing it gracefully.
 
"It's cute if you look for a while, It's so soft!"


“Do you like it Letty?”


"Well, you won't choose Type-Lycanthrope."
 
 That's true.


 I nodded at the strange words, Letty stood in front of me and spun around.
 
"How is it? Is it adorable?"
 
 He snuggles up to his chest and pry into me as if looking up.


 I couldn't get down because there was a table behind me, so I moved my body swiftly and nodded.
 
"It suits you."


"Is it adorable?"

"..."
 
 It's a smile that feels concerning for some reason.
 
"It's adorable"


"Hehe. isn't it!"
 
 Why is she so happy? Letty playfully jumps around. Watching her smile fade, she notices Neva giving her a tepid gaze.
 
"What's wrong?"


"Nothing."
 
 Even if she moves her head, she hides her mouth and avoids.
 I don't know, but she helped me this time too.
 
"Once again, thank you. Having Neva around is pleasing."


"What? Oh, yeah. You're welcome."
 
 She looked startled for a moment, but soon returned to a soft and warm smile and nodded.



"Can I ask you again?"


"Yes, of course!"
 
 She held out her hand.


 Next time, we will probably be going deeper into the Forest of Beasts. I feel like she brings useless items all the time, but she is very reliable because she accepts without hesitation nor a look on her face. 

If it weren't for the Fang series weapons she crafted, we wouldn't have been able to defeat the mighty Kaiser. She would have returned to death without hesitation.
 
"Ledge"


"Yes?"
 
 As I shake Neva's hand, I hear Letty's weak voice from the side and I snap back to reality.
 
"You’re holding my hand a little too hard.. Are you alright, Miss Neva?"


"Huh? Oh- .. Ah!"
 
 Neva is looking down with flushed cheeks. He seemed to have lost himself in reality while holding her hand.


 When I let go of my hand, she swallowed and turned around.
 
"Well, this time it was an enjoyable experience for me too."



 We moved spaces from eachother. Letty looked at us with a wrinkle between her eyebrows.


Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






No comments:

Post a Comment