Thursday 1 December 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 66

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Chapter 4 — Part 4 Slave



— — —



“....Hmm…? Mhn–!? UUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!”




Then, just in time, Nina seemed to have woken up. At first, she was probably too tired she didn’t grasp the situation, but after ten seconds, her chains rattled and she started going on a rampage. If she flailed wildly, she would have fallen off the couch, but she didn't care.


Yeah, it was a good thing that I didn’t take off her chains. If I did, she would have beaten the crap out of me and run out the door by now.


(TL: As if she could damage you in the first place though?)


I let her do whatever she wanted for a while, but she never seemed to calm down. My plan that she would calm down if I just left her alone was not working out so well. I had no choice but to call out to her.


I opened my mouth, thinking that she would never listen to me.




“Nina Goschilane Herneus, calm down and listen.”

“UUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!”

“Haa…Okay, I take back when I said to calm down. Just listen to me, that's all I ask.”




Nina growled at me with a sharp look in her eyes. Well, as long as she understands my words, that's all that matters.




“To start off, I'm not going to treat you as a slave. I bought you with the intention of protecting you.”

“UUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!”





As usual, Nina growled at me. As if she could easily trust the words of a man she'd never met before, right? It was no wonder since she was abused as well as reduced to slavery.


Well, It doesn’t matter if she trusts me or not. I don't need anything like that at the moment.




“Of course, I don't have purely good intentions. I have a purpose, and in the process of fulfilling it, I needed to help you. However, I would not be irresponsible to throw you out here. I've taken care of your injuries to prove it. And if you want, I can teach you how to live until the day you are freed from slavery.”

“Uu? UUU!? Uuuu? UUUU!!”




Nina could only growl, but I understood what she was trying to say. “What? My injuries are really healed! Does that mean it's true? No, I won't be fooled by such a convenient story!”


Seeing so, I shrugged my shoulders.




“It's good to be skeptical, but given the current situation, does it really matter if I'm trustworthy or not?”

“Uuu?”




Nina tilted her head.


It couldn’t be helped if she doesn’t understand. She was an eight-year-old kid and I think what was happening right was too fast for her brain to keep up.




“You are now in my hands. How I treat you, a slave depends on my mood. So it doesn't matter whether you trust me or not. Nina Goschilane Herneus, you have no choice but to obey me. In the process of following me, you will gain a lot of knowledge and skills, so consider it a good deal.”

“.......”



Nina fell silent at my words. I could tell that her spirit was not broken because her sharp gaze remained unchanged. Perhaps she understood the situation, and she said she had no choice but to follow me now.


For the time being, I guess I don't have to worry about her going on a rampage anymore.


I decided to release her from her restraints.




“I'm going to remove your chains now, but I want to warn you not to go wild or run away. If you fall into other people’s hands a fugitive slave, even I can't help you.”




Slaves in this world are managed by the state through a slave-only family register called a slave list. To free a slave, it was always necessary to go through the national government. Since there was no contract magic as in fantasy novels—except for Mind Magic—there was no choice but to bind them strictly in this way.


That is why Nina was still a slave. To tell you the truth, I would like to let her go free as soon as possible, but I cannot release a war slave under my authority.


Then, If you were labeled a fugitive slave, you would be hunted by the entire country. They would track you to the ends of the earth, and if you were caught, hell will be a lukewarm punishment.


Nina seemed to understand the severity of the situation and remained quiet even after being released from her chains. Her expression remained grim, but that was enough for now.




“Now then, let me introduce myself. I’m Six, and I'm an adventurer. Nice to meet you.”

“.......”




She didn’t reply, but I continued.




“Right now, I put some hot water on the bath. Go there for now, and your clothes are ready in your room.”




One of the two rooms was Nina's private room. There, personal belongings for Nina that had been prepared in advance were stored.


After she nodded her head in acknowledgment, I moved my feet to head out of the house.




“...Where are you going?”




It was the first time I heard decent words from Nina. Her calm voice was clear and dignified.


I then answered her without looking back.




“I’m going to buy some food, you must be hungry, right?”

“......”




Again, she didn’t reply. But, I heard I heard a small gulp and growl from her stomach.


Nina, who was rebellious, was not fed locally at the slave store. Therefore, it was inevitable that she reacts when she hears the word “food.” If I turned around, I would probably be able to see Nina's face turning red, but for her honor, I left the house with my face facing forward.


I should prepare a meal that was easy to digest. I was thinking about this as I walked through the castle town.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





“Haguhaguhaguhaguhaguhagu—” (TL:Chomping sfx)

“I guess you’re really hungry, huh?”




Seeing Nina devouring the meal I had prepared in one gulp, I let out an exasperated voice.


The dirt and grime that had been stuck all over her body were completely gone, and she was now a beautiful wolf girl with brown hair and brown eyes. In the future, she would grow up to be quite beautiful, just like the heroine (her sister). Of course, she would never be as beautiful as Caron. (TL: Tsk, Siscon.)




“Just listen to me while you eat.”




I opened my mouth to speak, trying to get on with my story when half of what was supposed to be a week's worth of food was gone.


I made eye contact with Nina, so I guess it was okay…well, it was okay, right?




“Before we talk about the future plans, there is one thing I would like to do. I can use a special kind of magic. It's called [Pledge] magic, and it makes people abide by the promises they make. The contract is, [Nina wouldn’t divulge any information about me and Six. Then, if followed, I would protect Nina's life and dignity.] By the way, if you break the contract, you will die.”




A Mind Magic contract was a necessity. To avert the fate of death, it was necessary to teach her various techniques.


Since she has become my slave, Nina was left with no choice but to run away. However, it would be foolish to leave her alone. I should nip any information leakage in the bud as much as possible.





“...I've never heard of such magic…”





Nina stopped eating and glared at me warily.


Her reaction was natural. No one could possibly know about contract magic, and she was told she would die if she defied it. As a woman who had been reduced from am aristocrat to a slave, it would not be so easy for her to believe it. She might have to go through the same terrible experience she had in the slave store again.


I, on the other hand, just shrugged my shoulders.




“I told you, it's a special kind of magic. I mean, it's pointless to be wary. A contract is a definite matter. I warned you earlier, but you're in my hands, and you don't have the right to veto.”

“...Hmph.”



Nina scoffed grimly and resumes eating.


This girl was smarter than I thought. Despite the unreasonable situation, she knows her place. It was excellent proof that she could move with reason, not emotion, in a tight situation.


While admiring her in my heart, I invoked the [Pledge]. I recited the same details as I had said earlier, and the contract was successfully completed.


Then I proceeded by saying, “Next is about the future plans.”




“Nina will become an adventurer just like me. You can't have any other job as a war slave, and as a former noble, you have a lot of enemies. You need to be strong enough to defend yourself. I will teach you how to be an adventurer, and at the same time, I will train you myself.”

“Haguhaguhaguhaguhaguhagu—”




There was no response at all, but she didn’t respond with some kind of rebuttal either. I could recognize this as an affirmation.


Seeing so, I continued.




“I'm going to tell you about the latest plan for the time being. You’ll rest until the day after tomorrow and start training in three days. I'm sure your physical strength will be low after living in slavery, so the first month will be spent improving your basic skills. I will not register as an adventurer until I have finished training to some extent…Ah, also Nina will be the only one living in this house.”

“*Gulp*....What do you mean…?”




After hearing what I just said, she suddenly stopped and asked me a question.


It was obvious what she was trying to ask, but I just shrugged my shoulders.




“I originally set up this house exclusively for you. Your rescue has been part of the plan for a long time. My house exists separately.”

“...Who…Are you…?”



Nina raised her guard.


What she felt was understandable. An unidentified self-proclaimed adventurer has even prepared a house for her in advance, but he himself wouldn’t live with her. Anyone who doesn't suspect that was crazy.


However, I cannot explain the situation. I haven't built a relationship of trust with Nina, and I don't know how much she resents the aristocrats. I had no choice but to keep it a secret for now.





“...Haguhagu—”




She must’ve sensed that I wouldn’t answer her question, so she resumed eating.


Since there seemed to be no objection to what we had talked about so far, I moved on to the final topic of the matter.





“Basically, I recommend that you keep quiet in the house when you are alone. The house has a barrier and only people I allow in are allowed in.”

“...!?*cough* *cough* *cough*”




Nina suddenly choked.


Well, I know the reason why. It was because they are doing something that makes no sense, putting a barrier on a mere house. Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of magic would understand that it would cost an enormous amount of money.


However, the cost was zero. The barrier was my new Non-attribute Magic Spell, and the catalyst was something I acquired in the course of my work as an adventurer.


Since it came to this, I should surprise her even more.


From my pocket, I took out a non-piercing earring decorated with a single small gemstone from my pocket and tossed them to the table where Nina was sitting.




“......?”



She tilted her head when she saw the earring fall in front of her.


Seeing so, I smile wickedly.




“It's a magic tool for long-distance communication. No matter where you are, you can have a conversation with me in your head.”

“....Ha….?”




At last, Nina dropped the spoon in her hand. She looked like she was about to explode, perhaps because she couldn't sort out the information that was entering her head right now.


It wasn’t unreasonable. Only nobles have magic tools for long-distance communication and being a former noble, I think she understands the substandard nature of magic that allows someone to talk in their head.


As you could probably tell, the magic contained in the magical tool was mental magic. The magic spell in the magical tool was called [Telepathy], and I learned it from my teacher(Akatsuki) because it was useful.


I used to communicate with the wind magic [Far Talk], but that had limitations that made it difficult to use indoors. That was why I developed a new magical tool like this.


However, because it was Mind Magic, it was strictly forbidden to be leaked to the outside world. Mass production was not possible because of the need to be very careful in its development. At the moment, I have only given it to Caron, Orca, Shion, the Intelligence Department, and Nina.


Incidentally, I and Akatsuki, who could use [Telepathy] magic, do not need magical tools. They were only necessary for those who send out messages using [Telepathy].




“...Really, who are you…?”




Nina asks the same question as before with a lot of suspicions.


To which I reply with a provocative smile,




“It's a secret.”




Saying so, Nina clicked her tongue loudly.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Kindly support me on Ko-fi! Thank you!!!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chapter~

    Poor girl is never going to confront him now, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cheap way to force him to keep his real identity hide......I really don't like cheap drama ,he can easily reveal his identity since he did a pledge and explain her that Orca is his brother that he saved part of her people and just wants to help instead of act suspicious

    ReplyDelete