Monday 19 December 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 68

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Chapter 5 — Swade and Chromis Part 2



— — —




“What kind of a person would dare to entice a servant to take Shion away?”




The three servants who were present were the ones who had brought Shion and Curtis together. It was reported to me that they were being tangled up with Curtis, so it was easy to deduce.


When I was told about the situation, Sebastian was vehemently sorry for his own inability to help.


Well, because they were the most end-of-the-line personnel, it was not surprising that they were not well educated. They didn't give out much information, so I forgave Sebastians' blunder on the spot.


Getting back to the topic.


On the contrary, even though I was surprised that Shion was targeted, I was thinking of taking advantage of the entangled situation. Curtis must have recognized her as an ally, so why did he take a hard line?


Did he find out that we had brought her over to our side?


—No, that was impossible. I have a contract with Shion not to leak any information about me or Caron, but other than that, I have told her she could spy on me as usual. In the past, I have witnessed her giving out bland information. Hence, there was no way she would be recognized as a traitor.


If so, could there be a reason other than espionage?


It was not something I could immediately conclude. Besides, now was not the time to discuss the cause. I should focus on solving the problem.


Curtis stared back at me for a while in response to my line, but then he let out a small breath and relaxed. Then he showed his usual, mocking mixture of a smile.




“Could you please refrain from saying such a thing? I did not coerce the servant, nor did I try to take the maid away. As I told Caroline-san, it was consensual. Or do you have any proof?”




I narrowed my eyes.


As he said, there was no hard evidence. It was possible to get the servant who was tricked to spit out the truth, but from the outside, they were from the Foranada side. Since it could be assumed that they were talking back to each other, there was no evidence. At the moment, I only have circumstantial evidence.


Getting rid of Curtis would be easy. By the logic of the previous paragraph, the only people in this room were our allies. We could only talk to each other back and forth.


But logic doesn't matter. If he disappears from this Count's territory, the Royal Court would surely complain, no matter what the truth was. There was a possibility that they would make up a bullshit story that would be a matching pump, such as “We would label the territory as dangerous so we would secure Caron to protect her.” No matter how high Caron’s reputation was, it wasn’t so easy to overturn what the Royal Court, the country's justice, has announced.


There was a limit to what I alone could do. No matter how much I get stronger and extend the upper limit, it would never be infinite. For that reason, I enlisted the help of my subordinates, but It was still not strong enough to resist the Royal Court. No matter how angry I may be, now was the time for me to lay low.


However, this does not mean that taking Shion away would be tolerated.


I let out a sigh and assured him.




“I will not let you take Shion.”

“We have an agreeme—”

“I don't care. Shion is my direct subordinate.”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Curtis was about to speak, but I cut him off before he could finish it. Then I stared straight at him.


He probably got what I mean. I'm the boss and I reject it, so I don't care what you, an outsider, think.


It was a bit much to say, but this was a feudal society. In my words, an aristocrat and employer, take precedence over anything else. Curtis was a nobleman, but he was still an outsider. He has no authority to interfere in the affairs of other noble families.


As I had hoped, Curtis seemed to have understood my intentions. His smile was still there, but the mocking atmosphere he had been wearing is gone. He was quite displeased, and even his emotions, which should have been difficult to read, was transparent.


After staring at each other silently for a few seconds, he quietly returned.




“I had no choice but to back down when my immediate superior made a complaint. I understand, I would turn my heels in a dignified manner.”




With these words, Curtis leaves the dining hall.


When his back was out of sight, Caron and Orca shouted with glee.




“As expected of Onii-sama!”

“Zechs-nii was amazing to repel that guy so easily!”




The two expressed their joy with a little leap as if they were really frustrated with Curtis. The way they twirled around me was really adorable.


However, the situation was not good. I had looked down on Curtis, but now that he had been put down by me, I had to be on the lookout to see how he would react. It would be wrong to expect him to exercise self-control.


Soon after, the servants rushed to the dining room. Originally, they would have arrived earlier, but I had told them in advance through [Telepathy] to delay their dispatch. If they had been caught in the middle of that, they would have been hit by Caron’s and Orca’s Mana who were furious. The damage would have been even more extensive.


As the servants began to clean up the tattered mess hall, Caron and Orca, who had created the devastation, also went to help them. It was great that they did not leave everything to others to clean up after themselves.


Then Shion, who was stunned about the earlier situation, finally became conscious again.




“I’m very sorry about what happened…”




The first thing she said was an apology.


Her complexion remained pale. Shion, who seemed to be down and showed no sign of recovering. She took a deep breath and then spun the words.




“I apologize for the inconvenience. It’s my fault, Zechs-sama. Please punish me in any way you can for this mismanagement.”




Shion speaks solemnly while looking down.


But I, who can see through emotions, could see through her inner thoughts. Grief, penitence, fear, and flight are all mixed together.


In a word, Shion was in despair. More than that, with a single desire to escape, she was seeking punishment.


…That was a bad habit of hers.


Even if she were to be punished in the usual way, it was unlikely that things would get any better. In fact, there was a danger that it would get worse. If so, what should I do?


Abandon her and do nothing. That was one option. Originally, she was an asset of the enemy camp, and I had only signed a temporary contract with her through blackmail. If she was going to be a drag here, the right thing to do would be to cut her loose without wasting any effort.


But I didn’t choose that option.


Certainly, my relationship with Shion was dry at first glance. But the years we have spent together have proven that we were more than just that.


To put it simply, I like Sion. She was usually cool, but she's a bit of a klutz; she's a great tea brewer; she works harder than anyone else and trains without being noticed, and she's soft and cares about us siblings more than anyone else.


Although she may have many faults, Shion was a woman with many attractive aspects. After a few years of her life, she could now be considered part of our family.


So I won't abandon her. To make sure that the words I once told Caron, “Siblings were meant to support each other,” do not become a lie, I will reach out to my “Family.”




“Then, you will receive your punishment.”

“...Yes.”




Hearing my words, Shion looked like she was prepared.


However, it all came crashing down in an instant.




“You have to go on a date with me tomorrow. That's your punishment.”

“He…?”




Hearing so, I regret that I didn't take a picture of Shion's face at that time.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Kindly support me on Ko-fi! Thank you!!!


Or join my membership to read chapters in advance!
Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






6 comments:

  1. There's no Harem without onee-san type in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noice, but, is Shion a waifu? I thought she was going to be just a maid, really, since she was an spy and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Shion was this useless,how she ended as spy being this useless

    ReplyDelete