Monday 27 February 2023

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 82

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Interlude – Nina – The Beginning of an Adventure…? (Before)




— — —



I(Watakushi|私わたくし) am — No, I(Atashi| アタシ), Nina Goschilane Herneus, is my name. A year and a half ago I was a Viscountess, but now I'm a shadow of my former self. After all, I fell and became a war slave.


I don't know what caused the attack on the Herneus family. My Father was taking care of everything in the house, and I, who was not the heir to the family, was never informed of such things. I thought the days were getting tense, but in no time at all, the castle was besieged and I found myself chained in prison. Helplessly, I could do nothing to resist.


Even so, my heart did not accept defeat. Because if I broke, the only thing that awaited me was despair. If I was steeped in despair, I would be as good as dead. That was why I glared at all those who were trying to put a price on me.


I think it was quite lucky that I, who was such a rebellious girl, was sold to a slaver without being harmed. I was also too young. There were many people who were toyed with in front of me.


Rather, the days after I was handed over to the slavers became the toughest days for me. They tried hard to break my rebellious spirit and hurt me. They beat and kicked me on a daily basis, and in the worst case, they even brought out torture devices. Day after day, they turned me into a rag.


The sensation in my hands and feet faded, and the cold floor robbed me of my body temperature. And only the vague anxiety that I might one day be sold to a perverted aristocrat crept into my heart during these harsh days.


However, what happened to me wasn't the worst possible future. The person who bought me was a rather suspicious black-haired black-eyed man.


He called himself Six and assured me that he had no intention of forcing me to be a “Slave.” He said that the law did not allow for immediate release, but that he would set me free in time. He also said that he would train me so that I could live on my own. Which was why I don't understand.


What I don't understand doesn't stop there. He also uses magic that was too suspicious called [Pledge] and he keeps taking out exceptional magical tools. I wanted to ask him who he really was. There seems to be an oversized landmine lurking, so I won't pursue it deeply.

He seems to be serious about not wanting to harm me. If that were the case, as he said, I will use him at my best.


I will survive. I will regain my freedom from this unreasonable world, and I will be the envy of those who have looked down on me, and I will be happy. That was why I can't stop here.





○●○●○●○●




Wait a minute. Wasn't this too hard from the first day of training? Eh? You think a beastman could handle it? Didn’t I just recover from being confined for so long? Before that, I was a girl who live a sheltered life in a castle. It doesn’t matter, you say…? When I'm free, I'm going to punch you once. I swear it!




○●○●○●○●



A new year has begun.


It seems that mankind was made of sturdy stuff, and after a month I had become accustomed to an unreasonable amount of training. I'm not sure how to explain it…




“All right. Let's move on to the next step, starting today.”



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




After doing 1000 daily push-ups, Six said something like that.


His proposals are often unsatisfactory, so I ask just in case.





“What's the next step?”



But it seems my fears were unfounded this time.


Six shrugged his shoulders.




“I told you before, I want Nina to become an adventurer. I'm going to have you registered in the guild today.”

“Why all of the sudden…?”




I wondered.


Up until now, I have only trained in basic skills. Every day I repeated muscle training, running, and meditation, and was taught advanced studies that I had not learned even during my aristocratic days. I was exhausted both mentally and physically.


I was glad to be released from these hardships, but I was also skeptical when he suddenly announced that we would leave. Until now, I had not been allowed to whine even a single word.





“I'm just letting you know that we're going to continue the training you’ve been doing, okay?”




Ah, I was wrong. This only increases the burden on me. I hope he stops joking like that, I’m about to die here. Dying in training to not die was so far from the truth.


I glared at him with the determination to kill him just by looking at him, but Six took it in a stride. In other words, he doesn't seem to care.





“Now then, let's go to the guild.”





I have no right to refuse, so I followed him while glaring at his back.




“Here comes Hero-sama!”

“The [Star] is here! You guys, get out of the way–!”

“So that’s the [Star], huh…”

“As expected, A Rank is different.”

“Hmm? Who is that kid behind him?”




When we entered the Adventurers' Guild, I—or rather, Six—were the focus of various gazes. I was also looked at with curiosity, but he was the center of attention by far. Almost everyone in the guild was looking at Six and buzzing.


It didn't seem to be that malicious, but…It was strangely unsettling. I felt as if I were a rare animal being unveiled in a circus.


On the other hand, the center of the storm, Six, does not even look at them. He was calmly walking toward a place that looked like the reception desk. Somehow I was pissed off, so I threw a kick at him—tsk, he dodged.


Arriving at the reception desk, there was a woman sitting at the counter with a beaming smile on her face. She was probably the receptionist.


The receptionist gave me a quick glance and then asks,




“Hello, Six-san. How can I help you today?”

“I'm sure you can guess. I want to register this guy as an adventurer.”





Six urges me to go to the counter, and I bow my head.




“Please take care of me.”

“Yes, likewise. First of all, please fill out this piece of paper.”

“I understand.”




The receptionist handed me a piece of paper and a pen.


After reading through it, I found that there were a lot of fields to fill in, but not many had to be filled in. I followed Six’s advice of “Just the bare minimum” and finished writing.




“Nina-san, is it? Thank you for registering as an adventurer. Here’s your guild card. If you put some Mana into it, it will become your own personal card. It will cost money to reissue, so please be careful not to lose it.”





The receptionist said a line that was probably a template and handed me a palm-sized card. When I channeled Mana as she instructed, the card changes color to white.


Acknowledging this, she continued,





“Would you like me to briefly explain the rules of the Adventurers' Guild?”

“No need. It’s fine.”





I answered immediately.


Six had already explained the rules to me. There was no need to listen again.





“I understand. Please bring your requests after peeling them off the bulletin board. Please be careful of the rank limitation of the request when you bring it.”

“Then, let's take on some simple requests right away.”




As soon as the registration process was finished, Six suggested so.


Well, I don't have the right to refuse. As for me, I want to get used to the work as an adventurer as soon as possible. If it was going to be in addition to the hellish training I'd been doing, I need to get used to it quickly. Otherwise, I would die of exhaustion.


Both of us tried to turn our feet toward the bulletin board.


—But we were interrupted unexpectedly.





“Ah, wait a minute. I have something to say to Hero-dono.”



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Kindly support me on Ko-fi! Thank you!!!


Or join my membership to read Advance Chapters!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






1 comment: