Monday 27 February 2023

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 83

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Interlude 4 Nina — The Beginning of an Adventure…? (After)



— — —



I turned around to see a man with a large build standing behind the receptionist. He was a strong man with sharp eyes and a scarred face. I’m confident that anyone would be terrified even if they were an aristocrat.


The receptionist, noticing his presence, sounded somewhat surprised.





“What’s going on, Branch Head?”





Surprisingly, this guy with a terrifying face seems to be the head of this adventurer's guild. No, he really was the head of this guild.


The person who was approached by such a frightening authority was, as expected, unconcerned.





“It's rare to see the Branch Head come out to the public like this. Usually, he would say something like, ‘It's hard when everyone's scared of me,’ and shut himself up in the back room and do some paperwork.”

“...That’s concerning.”

“Yeah, he's got a sensitive heart despite his looks.”





Six respond lightly to the words that I muttered unintentionally.


Hee…don’t judge the book by its cover, was it?


I'm intrigued and look at him—I can't. That’s right, I was scared of him.


Ah, he was kind of dropping his shoulders…It seems that I stabbed the final blow. I felt a little guilty, but I couldn’t help it.




“So, what can I do for you? Just so you know, I'm busy with a lot of things.”





The situation was starting to get chaotic, and Six turned the conversation to the Branch head.


The Branch Head came to his senses and cleared his throat.





“Your promotion became official just a few minutes ago.”

“Ah–So you want to talk about that?”





Six answered in a nonchalant manner while those around us were eavesdropping and made a fuss.


A promotion was an increase in rank, right? I think it was pretty important, but why does he look like he was not interested in it?


The Branch Head seemed to have the same impression and said in a dubious voice,





“Hey, hey. Why aren't you happy that you're going up to A Rank?”

“Eh–A RANK!?”





I shouted as if surprised.


I would like to scream that was impossible, but I've never heard Six’s rank. Even so, I expected it to be reasonably high around B Rank at best…No, come to think of it, didn’t someone say A Rank earlier? I didn't realize it was true.


I know how adventurers work from the classes taught by Six. A Rank was not just only the highest adventurer rank. It means that someone has to make a certain level of contribution to their country and was given the equivalent of a Baron title. Of course, it doesn't mean that they could meddle in politics or become a real Noble, but the rewards were unparalleled. I heard that it was a goal that every commoner aspires to.


However, there were only a few who could attain A Rank. It was even rumored that someone has to solve a disaster on the level that could destroy a city.


I looked at Six seriously. It was true that he had dark hair and eyes, but other than that, there was nothing special about him. It was hard to believe that this man was good enough to make it to A Rank.




“Huh? You didn’t tell the young lady there your rank?”




Seeing my reaction, the Branch Head let out a surprised voice.


Six shrugged his shoulders.





“Because there’s no reason to.”

“No, It’s necessary. What if she doubted your ability?”





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




The Branch Head made a point, but Six remained as aloof as ever.





“If she can’t judge by my behavior, then she’s getting ahead of herself.”

“Muu…”






I certainly didn't believe Six’s rank, but it didn’t feel good being made fun of.


Perhaps sensing my inner feelings, Six’s smiled bitterly.





“You're still growing. You should be able to tell the difference from now on.”

“.......”





I feel like I'm being vaguely misled, but it would be unproductive to keep on fighting back here.


To change the mood, I threw a question.





“What did you do to get to A rank?”





If the rumors were true, Six had solved a major disaster. Plus, the fact that he had risen in rank this time meant that he had most recently accomplished that feat. It was a very intriguing matter.


But, It was the receptionist who answered my question.





“Six-san wiped out a horde of 50,000 Demonic beasts that were closing in on this city.”

“What…?”




50,000 Demonic beasts? Eh, does that mean a stampede!? And what does it mean that they were closing in on this city? I don't know anything about such a big incident!


When the Branch Head saw me with eyes wide open, he burst out laughing.





“That reaction is understandable. The stampede occurred at dawn, and even though it was close to the capital, no one noticed it because he killed them at a distance just as a shadow began to appear. It was only the loud noise caused by his magic that caused a commotion.”

“Haa…”




The loud noise at dawn made me realize that there was a tremendous earthquake about a month ago…So that was Six’s work…


But,




“How did Six do it?”





If it was found out after all was said and done, it should be conceivable that Six might have been over-reporting. Well, only he would not do such a foolish thing, but at least the guild would be suspicious.


The Branch Head seemed to have anticipated my question and answered immediately.





“The Foranada Family became witnesses.”

“Foranada, you mean…?”

“That’s right, the aristocrats who rule this land. This guy has a connection to the point that he was directly appointed by the Count. He has good backing.”

“...Is that so?”




All I could give was a small reply. What was going on? My mind couldn’t keep up with all the information coming to me. Wiped out a stampede of demonic beasts, get the Count as a witness, and get promoted to A Rank? What kind of fairy tale was this?


Nevertheless, I could understand that these were facts from the attitude of the Branch Head, and the receptionist, and the fact that Six does not refute any of them. I've always thought he was a nonsensical guy, but it seems he was a crazy person on a loop.





“You’re not thinking anything strange, are you?”





This guy has strange intuition.





“Come on, give me your guild card. I'll update your rank.”

“All right.”





After receiving the card from Six, the Branch Head quickly retreated to the back of the room. Not a minute later, he returned.




“You are now an A-Rank adventurer. Congratulations.”

“Congratulations, Six-san!”





The Branch Head and the receptionist congratulated him.





“Thanks.”




Six replied curtly and took the Guild card.


I was astonished and at the same time, I was convinced. Oh, so that's why they called him “Star.”


The original A Rank Adventurer's card was purple. The reason it was gold, however, was because it had two names.


A second name was not something that could be given so easily. Nor was it something someone could call themselves. In all the surrounding countries, a second name was a title given to those who have accomplished great deeds.


And if they were an adventurer with two names, the color of their card was gold. The “Star” I heard when I entered the guild must have been Six’s second name. I'm sure of it, nine times out of ten.


I've been astonished since a while ago. I don't know how many times I've wondered who he really was.


I let out a sigh.





“I’m tired…”





I had just registered as an adventurer and received a light request, but I was mentally exhausted. This was all Six’s fault.


I glared at him, but he was having none of it. I really don't like him.


And so my adventurer life began.


By the way, it took me about two and a half months to get used to the idea of being an adventurer and doing daily training. I really thought I was going to die.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Kindly support me on Ko-fi! Thank you!!!


Or join my membership to read Advance Chapters!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






5 comments: