Sunday 26 February 2023

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 81

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Interlude 2 Orca — True Feelings



— — —



I—Orca, accompanied by Caron-chan, was playing with Dan-kun, Tala-chan, and Miria-chan as usual.


The Magra siblings had brought some oil clay, so we decided to use it for creative activities today. We stopped at a corner of the square and kneaded the clay as I hum.


It was such an occasion.




“You seem to be in a good mood, Orca-chan.”

“Really?”





Miria-chan suddenly called out to me.


I tilted my head in puzzlement at the unexpected comment.


Then, Dan-kun, who was struggling with his clay, nodded his head.





“Yeah, you look soooo happy.”

“Un, you were even humming a song.”





As if taking advantage of the opportunity, Tala-chan also responded.


I-I was in such a good mood that I was unconsciously humming.


Then as I was feeling embarrassed about it, Miria-chan asked me again.





“So did something happen? It's rare to see you in such a good mood.”

“Hmmm”




I was unaware of my mood, so I was at a loss for what to reply. Was there anything that made me so happy that I hummed?


As my gaze wander around with my finger on my chin, Caron-chan, who had been silently tinkering with the clay, opened her mouth.





“Wasn't it because you received a compliment from Onii-sama?”





With an exasperated expression, she returned to fiddling with the clay.


I, on the other hand, was very much convinced. Well, there was no other reason for me to be happy. Certainly, it was no wonder that Caron-chan was so taken aback.





“What does she mean?”

“What did Zechs praise you for?”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Miria-chan and Dan-kun, who had no idea what was going on, both tilted their heads.


I was once again at a loss for an answer.


The reason that I received praise from Zechs-nii was related to the incident that Curtis made the other day.


I was in command of Foranada at the time of that incident. Immediately after the attack, as well as after the stampede, the Zechs-nii and Caron-chan went after Curtis, so I took over for them. We had to prepare for the eventuality that a demonic beast had reached the capital, or to cover up the traces of the attack. I tried my best to summarize the complicated information so that everyone would not be confused.


After the incident, I was praised again for my efforts. He said, “You did a good job,” and “From now on, I may be able to entrust you with a certain amount of work.”


I think it was a wonderful thing that Zechs-nii praised me like this, as well as the fact that he knew I had been making various efforts behind his back. It makes me feel happy and motivated to work harder.


However, I couldn't talk about the stampede to Dan-kun and the others lightly, as I have already taken care of the whole incident in private.


I turned to the three of them and said, “Wait a minute,” as I racked my brain to think of a way to tell them how Zechs-nii praised me, even though I couldn’t give them the details.


Well, if I told them that I couldn't talk about it because it was a family situation, they would back off because they know who I am, but that would be boring. I wanted to brag to everyone about the fact that Zechs-nii praised me.


By the way, I have already bragged about it to Caiser-nii and others. He works as a civil official at the castle, so there was no need to keep it a secret. I don't understand why he stopped me with such a dumbfounded look on his after talking for an hour. I wanted to talk more, after all.


Getting back on the topic.


Anyway, I wanted to talk about it. So I don't care if it takes a little effort. I'm going to tell them all about how useful I've been to Zechs-nii and how he praised me!


After a while. I've already thought about what to say. When I said, “Sorry to keep you waiting,” Dan-kun and Miria-chan, who had returned to tinkering with their clay, turned their attention to me.


…Huh? I wonder what's going on with Tala-chan? She was paying attention to us, but for some reason, she was giving off a vibe that she doesn't want to get involved.


I'd like to call her out, but she was sitting with Caron-chan. And I'm not so airheaded as to let her hear me bragging about Zechs-nii-related issues. It would definitely piss her off because she was serious Bro-con.


It can't be helped, so I decided to tell only the two of them. Now, listen!



— — —



“I don't understand.”




An hour later, I was sitting on the floor grasping my knees while drawing circles on the ground.


Why did this happen? Because Dan-kun and Miria-chan got mad at me just now for “Talking too much.” What the heck, I went to the trouble of telling them a story. I haven't fully conveyed how much of an honor it was to be praised by Zechs-nii though.





“Orca-chan, really loves Zechs-kun, doesn’t he?”





I was mumbling and complaining when Miria-chan said something like that. She turns her sparkling eyes on me.


I wonder why she was saying that was so obvious. As I was tilting my head at what had just been said, Tala-chan, who had been working silently with Caron-chan, took over the conversation.




“Not only Orca-san, but Caron-san as well. Their passion for their brother is abnormal.”

““That’s right.””





Tala-chan's rude remark was met with strong nods from Dan-kun and Miria-chan.


I pouted my lips.




“Mou~ isn't that a bit of an exaggeration? Right, Caron-chan?”

“It's true that I love Onii-sama so much that I'm called a ‘Bro-con,’ but it's a little offensive to be called abnormal.”




Perhaps because she was indeed talking about herself, Caron-chan stopped her hand and countered. I followed her lead and said, “Yes, that’s right.”


In response, all three of them pulled their cheeks together.





“They realize it?”

“Ahaha, those siblings are really close.”

“I don’t think they’re on the level of being close siblings.”

“I still think you're rude, all three of you.”





Dan-kun and others did not scowl at us, although they stared at us with half-open eyes. Rather, they looked at us with warmth in their eyes.


As Caron and I were feeling a bit uncomfortable, Miria-chan, whose eyes had been shining since a few minutes ago, opened her mouth.




“Nee~ Nee~ Do Caron-chan and Orca-chan really love Zechs-kun?”

“Un.”

“Yes.”





We answered immediately. I think we've been saying that for a while. I wonder why she asked again.


Caron-chan and I looked at each other and wondered.


Then Miria-chan shook her head and said, “That’s not what I mean.”




“I know more than enough that you love him as a family member. I'm asking if you're in love with him!”

““Love?””




We were stunned by this unexpected word.


Then, Tala-chan interrupted us with an impatient look on her face.




“Miria, no matter how much you want to, that's just…”

“It’s because they’re giving off that feel full of love, so I think there’s a possibility.”

“No, well, when I think about it, but…”




Unable to refute the statement, Tala-chan shrugged her words. Are we really giving that kind of feeling?





“C-Caron really l-l-l-love Zechs that much?”





The one who suddenly shouted out loud was Dan-kun. He was supposed to be with me and Miria-chan just a while ago, but before I knew it, he was standing in front of Caron-chan while leaning forward. Caron-chan was getting nervous, so he might want to step back a little.


Well, it was no wonder, considering how Dan-kun feels. Actually, he likes Caron-chan, though he couldn't hide it as much as he says…His fondness was so obvious that the only one who doesn't notice it was Caron-chan. She was supposed to be very sensitive to other people's feelings, but when it comes to romantic relationships, she was just too slow.


As a close friend, I want to support him, but he was too reckless. Caron-chan was not at all aware of Dan-kun as a member of the opposite sex, and the difference in status was too great, to begin with. There was no future for that love to come true unless he performs at a heroic level.


(Tired: They’re, like under 10 yrs old, so why the fk are they talking about love?)



As expected, Caron-chan looked dumbfounded. Ahh~ this was hopeless.





“Love, was it…?”




Caron-chan let out a small gasp as if she had something on her mind. Then she spun her words.





“I honestly don't know. I don't understand what love is. However, I would like to be on Onii-sama’s side all the time. Even if everything in the world is against him, I want to stay by his side.”



The emotions expressed in these words were intense. I felt a conviction that would never change. It instinctively took my breath away.


I see. Caron-chan was prepared to go that far…


I look back at myself, wondering how I felt about Zechs-nii.


There was no doubt that I like him. I'm also sure that I respect him with all my heart. I also want to be on his side all the time, like Caron-chan.


Then, I ponder what the root of that feeling was.




“I don't think I'll ever get a clear answer.”





I don't know if it was love. I don't know what love was either. I want to be useful to Zechs-nii, I want his praise and attention. If this feeling was love, then I guess that was it… but I wonder what it really was.


In the first place, was it normal for a man like me to fall in love with Zechs-nii? I think it's not strange because people aren't questioning it, but there was something about it that was bugging me.


I wondered, but gave an answer similar to Caron-chan.


Miri-chan complains, saying, “That’s so boring!” We're just kids, and this was how it was supposed to be, you know?


But I wonder if I would get an answer in the future. Just as my father and mother did, just as my Caiser-nii and Liure-nee did, the day may come when someone would stand next to me. Naturally, it would be Zechs-nii.


I imagined such a future, and for some reason, a sense of loneliness welled up in my heart.


— —


On a side note, Caron-chan, who was silently tinkering with the clay, had created a one-tenth the size of Zechs-nii. It was so elaborate that it almost looked like the real thing, and I don't want to confess that I was a little scared of her.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Kindly support me on Ko-fi! Thank you!!!


Or join my membership to read Advance Chapters!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






5 comments:

  1. Dunno whether the author gonna add the gender bend in his work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My god, zechs turned his brother into a gay D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. EHEHEHEHEHEHE

    ReplyDelete