Sunday 5 March 2023

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 84

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Interlude 5 Marina — The Gray-Haired Prince




— — —




“Ugh, where…?”




When I woke up, I was lying on the bed in my room. When did I fall asleep? I don't know why, but for some reason, my memory was a little hazy and my body felt somewhat light-headed.


After staring at the ceiling in a daze for a while, I heard the door to my room open. It sounded like someone was coming in. I wish they would knock, but if it was my father, I would be angry.


As I was making up my mind to do so, my body was shocked. It seemed that someone had entered the room and hugged me.




“O-Okaa-san…!?”


[Tired: Mother in Japanese.]




It was my mother who hugged me. She was hugging me tightly while crying a lot. It was a little painful.





“W-What’s wrong, Okaa-san?”

“I’m glad, I’m really glad.”





It’s no use, she wasn’t listening to me at all.


I tried talking to her after that, but she never seemed to calm down. While I was at my wits' end, another person entered the room. It was my Father.


I'll forgive him for not knocking. So, please help me.


I looked at my father with hope in my heart. But—





“Marina…!?”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





This wasn’t helping at all. Even Father cried and hugged me.


Really, what was going on? Could anyone explain it to me?


An hour later. I managed to calm them down and asked them what had happened.


Apparently, I had been asleep for three days. I heard that I had been examined by a doctor in a neighboring town, but he diagnosed that the cause of the problem was unknown, and they were worried about me.


Then I guess I couldn't blame them for what they did to me earlier…? I'd like to believe that it was because of the difference in our positions but I'm a little confused.


—I was in a coma because of an accident in the mountains.


Within an hour, my memory had returned and I was able to sort things out. I climbed the mountain with Yudai and Roth, but on the way, we were attacked by demonic beasts, and in the aftermath of the battle I fell down a cliff.





“Are Yudai and Roth safe?”





I have a bad impression that I was the only one who survived.


But my fears were unfounded because Mother shook her head.





“They’re fine. The same person who rescued Marina had helped them.”

“I gave a stern talking-to to those two who took Marina to the mountains without permission. So don't worry!”

“Otou-san. I was the one who agreed to go with them, so so don't be too mad.”

“That's right. She's the one who is in the wrong. Marina, you're grounded for a while.

“Y-Yeah.”

“Yes…”


[Tired: Otou means father in Japanes.]



Father was flustered, and I replied dejectedly.


I hate not being able to go outside, but I just have to accept it. No matter how I look at it, this time it was my fault. In fact, I think the punishment was so light.


Well, I wanted to put the punishment aside and ask something else now.





“Nee, the one who helped me is a [Gray-Haired Prince]. Is he still in the village?”




Actually, I vaguely remember what happened after I fell off the cliff. I think I was faintly conscious. It's mostly vague, just silhouettes and a few words. Still, I was convinced that the “Gray-Haired Boy” and the “Little Spirit-san,” that I had seen had saved me.


However, Mother’s reaction was unexpected.





“Gray hair? The man who saved Marina was an adventurer named Six…”

“He had black hair, right?”

“Eh?”





My eyes widened at the unexpected situation. I was so surprised that I had not seen her before. Black hair was the exact opposite, was it some kind of misunderstanding?


When I mentioned the possibility of a different person, they looked at each other and gave me subtle expressions.




“It's not that I doubt Marina's words, but it must have been something you saw when you were unconscious. Perhaps you were mistaken.”

“I’m not wrong! Why are you saying that, Otou-san!?”




I was furious, but my mother told me to calm down.





“It can't be helped for your Father to say that. Because the person Marina saw had gray hair, right?”

“What does it matter?”





I returned their suspicious attitude, feeling annoyed.


But Mother continued,




“A Gray-haired person are people who can't use magic. It was a bit unreasonable to think that such a person could have rescued Marina from a mountain forest overrun by Demonic Beasts.”

“First of all, I remember seeing someone with Gray Hair standing out in the village—Ah.”




Dad abruptly stopped as if he had an idea what was going on.


I approached him.




“Otou-san, do you remember something?”

“Well…”

“Otou-san!”




Father put his hand on his forehead, but then began to answer as if he had given up.




“When Marina was lost, the son of the lord was in the village, right?”

“Un.”




He was there to inspect the village. I also heard that he was the same age as me. I remember thinking that even though he was a child, his work was great.


Then Father continued.




“He has Gray hair.”

“Really!?”




The timing was too good. That must surely mean that the Son has helped me, right?


I was excited, but Father looked reluctant and continued,





“I can't imagine that he saved Marina.”

“Yes, I agree with you.”

“Why?”





Their negative opinions made me feel uncomfortable again.


Then Father began to explain. Apparently, the son of the lord was a man with ill repute. They said that while his younger siblings were heading off to war, he was holed up in the safety of the capital. They said that his younger sibling was cooperating with the church, but he was the only one doing nothing. He says he was perceived as a lazy and cowardly boy.


Hmmm. That certainly doesn't sound like the person who helped me. But…




“I think it was the Son who helped me.”

“Why?”

“Intuition!”

“Intuition…?”




Father’s cheeks twitched at my response.


I understand how he feels, but a woman's intuition can be right, you know?


And it was not without any evidence. I won't tell them this, but the “Gray-Haired Prince” wasn't the only one who was with me that day. There was also a Little Spirit.


I knew about Spirits from picture books. I had heard that they were usually invisible to humans, that they lurked in the richness of nature, that they had mysterious powers that were slightly different from magic, and that they would disappear if I told someone about them.


So, even if the “Gray-Haired Prince” could not use magic, I think he could have managed it with the spirit.


The Gray-Haired Prince equals the Son of a Lord was a complete guess, but I felt I was not wrong. It was all intuition, though.




“I wish I could thank him.”

“Please, don't even think about charging in, okay?”

“I won’t~”




Mother warned me worriedly.


Who does she thinks I am? The Son lives in the capital, and there was no way that I, living in a village, could visit him.


Ah, but all the children of the Holy Kingdom would be attending the Academy and I would like to thank him again then. That's right! Until then, I should study about Spirits so that I could thank him properly. It surely wouldn't be rude if I knew who he was, right!?





“Okaa-san this is…”

“I agree. We need to be prepared too…”




My parents were discussing something, but I didn't care.


Fufufu, now I'm starting to look forward to the Academy. Seven more years, huh, I have a long way to go.





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Please support me on Ko-fi! Thank you!!!


Or join my membership to read Advance Chapters!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






6 comments:

  1. Yes, she’s interested! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will we have a 7 yrs time skip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah! It's all coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who cares about Six right? This girl is crazy 🤣.

    Also MC is getting all the females,in the end the world will go against him for taking all the women

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stole your bitch

    ReplyDelete