Sunday 5 March 2023

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 85

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Interlude 6 – Akatsuki – Level ≠ Strength



— — —



A boy's yell and a piercing scream reached my ears. The scene of my apprentice Zechs fleeing from the carpet magic attack of my alter ego was unfolding before my eyes.


The long, quiet plain was being turned upside down by the bombarding of magic. It was quite a sight to see Zechs frantically avoiding the attack.


The terrain was changing as anyone could see it, but there was no need to worry. This was just a world that I, Akatsuki, imitated using [Baule de Tesoro]. The outside world was not affected in any way. So I could attack Zechs around without hesitation.


I instructed my alter ego to attack with more fervor and watched the progress. I heard Zechs' resentment reaching my ears, but I ignore it entirely. Well, good luck with that. If he was having trouble with my alter ego, beating me was a dream come true for him.









An hour later. Zechs was lying on a desolate field, breathing heavily. He was on the ground with all four limbs thrown out.


I gently landed beside him.





“Iya~ I didn't think my alter ego would get defeated so soon. I've been thinking for a while now, but you’re developing so fast.”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




That’s right, the alter ego that had been Zechs' opponent had been buried. At first, he was just dodging, but gradually he read through the attack pattern and launched a reversal offense. I could only admire his deftness after he went on the offensive. This result was unexpected, I thought he still had a long way to go to defeat my alter ego.


However, I wouldn't say it was unexpected. It has been almost a year since I started watching this guy's training, and his growth rate was extraordinary. So it was within my presupposition that he would exceed my expectations.


From the looks of things, in a couple of years, he would be on par or even might overwhelm me.


Although the original was in my head, there were people in this world who were stronger than God's messengers. In terms of the balance of the world, it was a pretty bad situation. Besides, it was not good for a human to study under me.


Then, why did I decide to become Zechs' teacher?


I couldn’t deny that I was just going with the flow. I am a fool who defied God's will in order to enjoy this world.


But that wasn't the only reason. I followed my instincts, but mostly because I thought Zechs wouldn't do anything about the world. For better or worse, he had little interest in anything other than the goals he had set for himself. I could say with certainty that he would never be interested in world domination.


Also, Zechs was a good person who was hesitant to abuse Mind Magic. Even if I was wrong, he would not misuse the knowledge I had given him.


After a while, Zechs finally caught his breath and stood up.





“Are we done with the training for the day?”





I hesitate at his question.


Since my alter ego was defeated earlier than expected, we have more time than usual. It seemed a little wasteful.


—All right. Now that we're here, I’m going to directly teach him!





“No, let's have a mock battle with my main body!”

“You just made that up on the spur of the moment, didn't you!?”





He was screaming about something, but in a real fight, the enemy won't wait for him, does he know that? He was a big boy now, so I’m going to get beat him to a pulp!





“I’m really strong, you know?”





Ten minutes later, the mock battle was over. The result, needless to say, was a rag-tag Zechs lying on the ground.





“Ugh, you’re so annoying. Can’t you go a little easy on me…?”

“Oh, you still have the strength to talk? I am amazed, as always, at how much you've grown.”





He couldn't seem to move a finger on his body, but he could barely move his mouth. This was a surprise to me, even though I beat him up pretty seriously. I have to make some upward adjustments to Zechs' growth.


But there was a part of me that couldn't believe that a human being can grow so much. Were all reincarnated people the same?


A question that came to me unexpectedly. I decided to ask it honestly since I had just the person to ask.





“I have one question.”

“That’s pretty rare, what is it?”

“It’s about the Saint, I heard she faced me in a game or something but is she really that strong?”





I knew that since it was a story, she was going to defeat me, but I had a hard time believing it. I was wondering if there was anyone who could beat me. Well, there was a top candidate right in front of me.


Then, Zechs made a complicated, indescribable expression on his face.





“Well…It was no exaggeration to say that the Saint and Hero are the strongest among humans.”

“You sound like you have something stuck in your back teeth. Say it clearly.”





With that expression, it sounds like he was saying that they were weaker than non-humans—such as me, an apostle of God.


It seems I was right.




“Both the saint and the hero are weaker than I am at this point. So they don't have the strength that Akatsuki expects.”

“Haa? But in the game, you said they’re going to beat me, aren't you?”




It was so contradictory that I couldn't help but raise my voice in a nonchalant manner.


Zechs, on the other hand, seemed to have anticipated my reaction and continued in a calm tone.




“According to the comments from the development team in the fan book, Akatsuki was holding back in the game. Therefore, it's not a contradiction if they’re weaker than you.”

“Why am I holding back?”

“You…You’re talking about yourself.”

“No, even if it was about me, it would be me in the game, right? I have to face the situation at the time to understand how I think.”




Well, I have an inkling, but there was a person who know the definite answer, and I want to hear it.


Zechs, however, tilted his head.




“Now?”

“Hey.”

“I really don't know. The reason you went easy on them wasn't stated. Isn't it in your nature to just go with the flow?”

“Hmm, I can't deny that.”

“You can't deny it?”





That’s right. I was probably just going with the flow. I can't think of any other reason to go easy on an adversary.


Zechs' gaze was starting to hurt somehow, so let's change the subject.




“From what you said earlier, are you saying that you’re stronger than the Saint and the Hero?”

“That's too blatant…but fine. You're right. I am stronger than both of them in their prime.”

“Hoo~ you're saying that for sure?”

“Of course. My current level is 121.”





Level, I think, is a measure of strength that could be peeked through Zechs' magic, right?


I tilt my head.





“Huh? Didn't you say before that 99 was the max?”

“Listen, I don't know what it is, but I've exceeded the limit.”




Then Zechs explained.


The level indicated through his [Appraisal] was, “It is derived by reading the target's experience with Mind Magic and matching it with my knowledge of the game in my memory.” It does not represent pure strength. He says that skills included in game knowledge were converted into strength, but other things were not calculated properly.




“My magic—Non-attribute or Mind Magic—is spectacularly out of scope. And when I did improve my magic skills, I didn't see much of an increase in my levels.”




It takes some of it into account, but it was hardly an accurate judgment. That’s what Zechs said.


I groaned




“I see. So you're saying that the level you’re talking about is just an evaluation based on the ‘Game Knowledge’ you have in your head?”

“That's right. However, the only exceptions are me and Akatsuki, and in most cases, the strength is according to the level.”

“Heee~”




I could handle similar magic, but it was quite interesting to hear about the conceptual setting of levels. I'll take what he just said as a reference and try to develop some magic myself.


Fufufu, I've got a good idea down. Let's just get back into it and move on to the development work!





“Well then, we’re done with your training. I've got something to do, so I'm going home.”

“Eh? that's too sudden, isn't it?”

“Laters~!”





I use my transfer magic to go back to the end of the world. Zechs was in the middle of making a fuss, but I didn't pay attention to it and let it pass by. New magic was waiting for me!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Tired: Aight last interlude then we'll proceed to volume 3!



Please support me on Ko-fi! Thank you!!!


Or join my membership to read Advance Chapters!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






4 comments:

  1. One more volume wrapped up, thank you for this fun story

    ReplyDelete
  2. MC is leveling up the hidden final boss. I don't think the Hero + Saint have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the level power of this world,Mc is going to be stronger than Akatsuki in just a few years and level being the easiest way to be strong .....if you think like that magic is even pointless as long as you farm xp enough you will be strong

    ReplyDelete