Saturday 22 October 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 59

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Chapter 3 — Magic Teacher Part 1



Bonus



— — —



After the matter in the Hero’s Village was settled, we were on our way home. Since there was no urgent work to be done, we decided to take our time and return by horse-drawn carriage. The journey took about three days. Along the way, there was an incident in which Orca complained that he had been left out, using a magical tool called “Far Talk,” but I think the journey was mostly peaceful. Of course, I took Orca with us using [Gate].


That peace, however, was broken the moment we returned to the castle.




“Welcome back, Zechs-sama, Caroline-sama, Orca-sama.”




Several servants appear to greet us, and Sebastian, the family butler, addresses us on their behalf.


His demeanor was calm as usual on the surface, but I, who could use Mind Magic, could see through it. I could see the feelings of anxiety and frustration brewing inside him.


Apparently, some kind of problem had occurred while we were gone. Since he didn't use magic tools to contact us, it didn't seem to be that urgent, but what could it be?


I narrowed my eyes and gave instructions to each of them.




“Caron and Orca, go back to your rooms first and get some rest. The person in charge, please take care of the two of you. I know that you're tired, but Shion, you're going with me. Sebastian, we'll talk in the other room.”

“““““We understand.”””””




My subordinates bowed in unison and immediately moved to do their respective tasks.


Caron and Orca were also taken to the room by their caretaker, but before that, they asked me a question.




“Onii-sama, may I come to your room later?”

“Ah, me too!”




Caron and Orca were looking at me with anticipation.


I hesitated for a moment. I glanced at Sebastian, and after acknowledging that he shook his head, I answered.




“No, you two stay in your room. I'll go over there myself.”

“...I understand. Good luck with your work, Onii-sama.”

“Please hang in there, Zechs-nii.”




I tried to smile, but I feel like they saw right through me. Well, we spend a lot of time together, so I guess it couldn't be helped to some extent.


With a wry smile at my overly perceptive younger siblings, I proceed into the castle with my two aides.


Now then, what kind of problem could have occurred?


God only knows what’s going to happen. With the uncertainty of what was going to happen, I secretly make up my mind.


In Foranada Castle, the most counterintelligence room would be my office. I, Shion, and Sebastian were standing face to face with the others who were doing their jobs inside the room, and temporarily moving out.




“So, what happened?”




Sebastian bowed and then began to speak.




“I should start with a preface, but Zechs-sama prefers brevity, and you seem to be aware of many things. I will be direct. The court magician who is the Magic Teacher in question arrived yesterday.”

“What?”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




I narrowed my eyes.


It was too sudden at any cost. When visiting a Noble family, it was normal to make an appointment in advance and to let them know before arriving.


Although we were told they would be arriving in the fall, we were not informed that a visit had been scheduled. I would not have gone to the Hero's Village at this time if I had known that.


Then Sebastian, who seemed to have sensed this from our expressions, followed up,




“There was no announcement.”

“...I see.”




I have a lot on my mind, but I swallow it all and just nod. The Court Magician's actions were tantamount to insulting Foranada, but it would be barren to complain here.


I put one hand on my forehead and let out a big sigh. Then, I considered the Court Magician's intentions.




“Is their aim not to let us prepare for this?”

“That's the most likely explanation.”

“I feel the same way.”




After much deliberation, I muttered to myself.


The reason why the royal court dispatched an elite court magician to the job of Magic Teacher was that it was equivalent to babysitting. They had originally guessed that it was to investigate the inner workings of Foranada. Although they have a spy named Shion, it is a common practice to send multiple sleeper agents to important places.


Considering the nature of the spy, it could be inferred that his visit this time was a ploy to keep us from hiding anything. If we proceeded as planned, we would cover up various things under the guise of preparation.


It was a simple but effective strategy. I never expected a Royal Palace Envoy to act in such a disrespectful manner.


I had taken various precautions to ensure that I would be prepared even if I was caught off guard, but there was one flaw.


I inquired about the issue with Sebastian.




“How did you cover up the absence of the head of the family?”

“I told him he was inspecting the estate.”

“That’s the only explanation you said?”




That’s right. The Count, the ostensible head of the estate, which is my father, does not live here in Foranada Castle.


That was because, when I took over the real power, Mr. and Mrs. Foranada, who are my parents in this world, were forced to stay at an estate in the territory.


Well, although I described it as an estate, they were happy to be released from their jobs, and I don't think they were deprived of their real power.


In short, I asked them to move out because they are in the way of me running the estate, but it would be a problem if a long-term visitor came. It was very unnatural for the head of the family to be absent from the castle.


If they were only staying for a short period of time, we could use the same excuse that Sebastian used, but it wouldn't work this time. If we don't get my Father to meet with him one day, the actual situation of Foranada will be exposed.




“I don't know what to do...”

“How about creating an ‘Alter Ego?’”




Shion expressed her opinion.


“Alter Ego” was the magic that I and Shion developed together in the past. A pseudo-soul was planted in the materialized mass of Mana with Mind Magic, and the appearance was camouflaged with [Disguise]. As long as someone doesn't come in contact with it, it was virtually undetectable.


Thinking so, I shook my head.




“No. When nobles greet each other, they definitely shake hands, and that's when it will be discovered. I don't know the structure of my father's psyche, so It's a problem before I can create an alter ego.”




Me, Caron, Orca, and maybe Shion. If it was someone whose personality and habits I know well, I could create a pseudo-soul, but otherwise, it was difficult. No, it was strange that I don't know the personalities of my own parents, but I'm not involved with Mr. and Mrs. Foranada at all, so it couldn’t be helped.


It was theoretically possible to copy and paste the soul, but it would be faster to call them directly.


After finishing the explanation, Shion wrinkled her eyebrows and groaned.




“Then, it’s difficult to deceive them with magic…”




I think she was probably thinking of a few proposals centered on Mind Magic, but they were all rejected when she found out that I didn't have a grasp of the Count's psyche.


After that, there were several proposals, but no decisive measures were made.




“There was no other way now but to call the Count.”




Sebastian said so.


He was right. It would have been quicker to bring him in than to try to come up with some tricks.


However…




“Ugh, I think I’m going to have a stomachache…”




Suppressing my stomach, which was starting to churn, I unintentionally let out a whine.


The Count (My Father) was really a helpless and incompetent person, so when I imagine a future where he runs around following up on things, I felt very depressed.


(Tired: ‘Helpless and incompetent person’ Just like me lmao.)


When the two aides saw this, they gave me a look of sympathy.


I let out a sigh and continued,




“But there’s no other way. Get in touch with him with the magic tool immediately. The next morning…No, he definitely won’t be ready. I'll pick him up two days later.”

“I understand.”

“I understand…But, is that okay? You’re going to use [Gate], right?”




Both of them nodded their head, but Shion asked me worriedly.


I know the feeling. The kind of person who shouldn’t be shown that magic was the very Count.


But there was no need to worry.




“I'll just say it's a horse-drawn wagon going at high speed, so It’ll be fine."

“How could anyone be fooled by such a lie?”

“Normally, no one would, but it’s my Father, so?”




The others would never be fooled, but the thickheaded Count would just nod on it.


Shion and Sebastian's cheeks were twitching at my harsh words, but that's how bad that person was.


Thus, our future plan was set.


The meeting with the court magician was in two days at noon. By then, I should be ready for anything that may come our way.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Sponsored Chapter 0/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






6 comments: